Friday 19 October 2012

The Great Indian Politician!



Me? Myself, I Am The Great Indian Politician!

I am your local corporator, still no less than a crook,

I can help you in any way  you want, provided you have a cheque book.

My Five years in Office, are probably the best Five years of my life,

The only year’s when I get to enjoy foreign trips with my Wife!

These Activists are a real nuisance you see;
They won’t even let me fill my pocket,

Since before my foreign trip somehow;
I’ve got to buy an Armani Jacket.

Something known as ‘Honesty’ is what I have never learnt,

Which quite often results in my effigies being burnt.

And about the people I don’t care;
All that I need is Money,

Because you see even I have pressures,
Have to buy a Diamond Necklace for my Honey!

Citizens always keep complaining about us, and all they do is condemn,

No one see’s all the effort we take, just to maintain our helm!

The Swiss Bank is my second home; Oh what would I do without them,

With no place to stash all my hard-earned money, it would have been a real mayhem!

When we say that ‘Gandhi’ is our true inspiration;
People often tend to misquote,

Our inspiration is not ‘Gandhi, Father of the Nation’;
But the Gandhi on that ‘Little Green Banknote’.










P.S : This Writing is not aimed at any politician living or dead or any political party, neither do I mean that all the politicians of our country are corrupt, this writing is just a dig at 'some' corrupt politicians that take their positions for granted.

2 comments:

  1. Brother.... awesome thoughts dear.. I am very pleased to read your blogs and the way it is written by you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!.. Glad you liked it.. :D

    ReplyDelete